Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MJ, EJ, DR.J & ICE. Who are the 100 greatest basketball players of all-time?

I can't see putting Wilt as the number 1 player. Sure, his stats are nice, but when he went up against his only competition, (BIll Russell) for some reason, he tended to fade away. I'm a huge laker fan(Kobe Fan) and even I would say MJ is number one on that list. Just for what he accomplished on both ends of the court, and his stats. However, Wilt as number 2, I can live with that. Kareem 3, and I know I'll take a hit for it, but Kobe number four. I see Kobe as the best basketball player ever, just not with the accomplishments as MJ had. Talent wise, he's neck and neck with Jordan, but for title of greatest NBA player, those accomplishments have to be considered. Duncan would be next. And although he accomplished a lot, he still hasn't shown me anything. Sure, everyone calls the Spurs garbage, but if thats the case, why does tim avg only 22-25 ppg. Thats because his team picks up the slack around him. Duncan has a very good team, which means the burden of either scoring too much, or grabbing a lot of boards, or blocking a lot of shots doesn't fall on his shoulders alone. Heck, he could go scoreless in a game, and his team would still (probably) win. Talent wise, Duncan isn't on the top 10, but everything considered, I'll give him the 5 spot. Magic, Larry go neck and neck as they always did. Shaq would be next, who I consider the most dominant ever. The Big O, who averaged a triple double for a season can't be ignored, and finally, the Dr. Who I would admit, I didn't get to see a lot of his days in the ABA, so I missed out on a lot, as everyone always says, but its my list, and that means I get to decide who's on it. Of course, you can see the laker bias in the list, but all list have biases.

0 comments:

Post a Comment